Your wedding at Christ Church, Colbury
We would love to be a part of one of the most important moments in your life by hosting your wedding and helping to make it a personal, spiritual and memorable occasion for you and your guests. Your wedding will take place within a service of worship and the vows that you both take are in the presence of God.
A true country wedding!
Can you find a more idyllic Church in the area? A more picturesque setting with such an intimate atmosphere?
The backdrop of the Church, excellent for photographs with the bride entering via the old lychgate to the sound of the melodic organ being played, plenty of natural light for photographs throughout the service and then walking back down the aisle as husband and wife to the congratulations of all your family and friends, something you’ll never forget.
Planning your great day can be a daunting task but here at Christ Church, Colbury we can help you with advice on every aspect of your ceremony.
The Church of England has recently relaxed the rules governing who can be married in a parish church though various criteria exist you have to prove that you meet just one of the following:
- one of you does or has lived in the parish for six months or more
- one of you was baptised , confirmed or regularly attended worship here for a period of six months or more
- one of your parents has lived in the parish or regularly attended worship here for six months or more in your lifetime
- either of your parents or grandparents were married here ( proof of this qualifying connection will need to be seen)
- you are able to attend regularly morning worship here for at least six months prior to your banns being read
Please contact the Parish Office or come to a 10am service on a Sunday to introduce yourselves over coffee afterwards in the church rooms. The Parish Administrator, Viv Burch, will organise a time to meet to discuss the paperwork.
When the banns application has been returned, your wedding day is booked. We only have one wedding on any particular day, no rush or being pushed to complete photographs as the next ceremony is about to take place.
Fees for 2017
- Publication of Banns £28
(This needs to be paid to each church where your banns are read)
- Certificate of banns £13
- Marriage Service £424
- Organist £100
- Choir £100
- Verger £40
- Flowers £120
- Heating/Lighting (October-April) £30
A deposit will be required at least 6 months before your wedding and the balance the month before the wedding.