A little background about Colbury Church
and the surrounding area.
1868 : Colbury School built by Frederick Ibbotson.
1870 : Christ Church, Colbury, built by Frederick Ibbotson, and consecrated on 8th March.
1872 : Colbury ecclesiastical parish created.
1874 : The Chapel for the workhouse is built by Annie Sturges Bourne.
1875 : The Post Office directory records a population of 750.
1891 : Kelly’s Directory records a population of 982.
1894 : The civil parish of Colbury is created.
1914 – 1918 : Eighteen Colbury men die in the First World War.
Indian troops camp along the Lyndhurst Road.
1930 : Colbury Memorial Hall is founded in memory of World War 1 dead.
1931 : Kelly’s Directory records a population of 1247.
1939-1945 : Eight Colbury men die in the Second World War.
1970 : Colbury Church Rooms are built.
1993 : Christ Church Colbury is renovated and the Lady Chapel is opened.
2015 : Extensions to the Church Rooms and installation of Colbury Church office.